It was Dizzi who started it all by dishing that the pair of peppers had developed into DD’s and promptly deemed them a delish version of a Diva’s decollete.
The peppers were daringly peeping at us and distractedly appearing rather stacked and stuffed which is just sooooooo Divaish…
We rather liked the dishy name we dreamed up for them.
Diva’s dare to bare….
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 sprig green onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry tarragon
- 1 tsp dry savory
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella for topping
- 4 tbsp tomato paste mixed with ½ cup boiling water
- dash of Worchestershire sauce
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup rice/quinoa mixture with 1½ cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Prepare rice/quinoa mixture in a small saucepan.
- Remove tops from peppers and chop of the top pieces to include in stuffing.
- Saute onions, garlic, chopped pepper pieces in a non stick skillet then set aside and brown the ground chicken.
- Combine all stuffing ingredients together and spoon in the peppers. Use remaining mixture to stuff zucchini boats.
- Top the peppers with a slice each of fresh mozzarella. Place peppers in a baking dish and add about a cup of boiling water to dish.
- Place in an oven proof dish and bake 30-40 minutes. Remove from baking dish and serve.